Monday, November 15, 2010

WHO IS THE STUDENT ??

Sorry I haven't been about enough. We've been to Canberra, what a great place to visit and it has been hectic. I visited Fiona Hammond and enjoyed an amazing lunch and lots of interesting photos and best of all her Bead work.. I was asked to help with a Yr 8 textile class at our local secondary college. I'm really not sure who the teacher is. I have learnt so much, mainly how difficult it can be to keep 14yr olds concentrating. What an experience I've had. The class had been making windcheaters and creating their own logos. I was given the first 6 kids to finish their work and we set about making Postcards to swap. We asked members of 'stitchin fingers' to swap a post card and Lorna from the UK offered her textile class to swap as well. So my kids made an A4 piece which we chopped into 4 postcards & then embellished them. The kids have kept a card and swapped the rest... We have received some fabulous cards from our ladies across the world and they are all keen to do this again next year...It is a little like pen pals of my generation...Some of my students have never had mail...WOW. I have great respect for teachers, but now I have even more...thank you to all involved

No comments:

Post a Comment

sunset

sunset
such a lovelly winters evening